Availability and Cost 2019/20
The standard fee is £60.00 per month, payable at the start of each month.
Students choose to have three 30 minute “weekly lessons", two 45 minute “fortnightly lessons”, or one 90 minute “consultation lesson”.
36 lessons per year (average, 3 per month)
£60.00 monthly for 30 minute lessons (suitable for younger beginners).
£90.00 fixed monthly payment also available, covering three 45 minute lessons.
Students who sign up for weekly lessons are allocated a regular weekly timetable slot. Regular weekly lessons are suitable for:
- Students working towards ABRSM Grade examinations
- Students working towards music college entrance or private school scholarships
- Students who wish/need to include regular written theory work in addition to piano
- Students who value a high level input on a frequent basis
24 lessons per year (average, 2 per month), £60.00 fixed monthly payment
Students who sign up for fortnightly lessons are allocated a semi-regular timetable slot (alternating with another student). Preferred weeks cannot be guaranteed, and flexibility is essential. Fortnightly lessons are suitable for:
- Students who value regular input, but not every week
- Students who are highly motivated and have an effective practice routine
- Students who are learning purely for pleasure
- Adult students juggling a busy lifestyle
The monthly consultation lesson can provide a high impact boost when required, and are suitable for:
- Highly motivated students who value professional advice on an ad-hoc basis
- Semi-professionals seeking occasional input and advice
- Teachers looking for advice and mentorship
- Musicians working for a specific goal who need particular guidance
Andrew also offers lessons via Skype as a substitute for students who are unable to come for lessons at his studio. Skype lessons are suitable when:
- Students are unable to attend their regular lesson
- Students are unwell, but able to learn from home
- Students have transport difficulties, e.g. during adverse weather
Lessons via skype are not as high impact as personal tuition provided at the studio, but in some cases they provide the best alternative.
To find out more about lessons, please: CONTACT ANDREW